WELCOME BACK TO SCHOOL.
Safety Note: Please be careful when dropping off your children in the morning. Please use and honor the crosswalks that are in the parking lot. Please be cautious!
- You will not receive a hard copy of the newsletter unless you request one to be sent home. Please notify your student’s teacher if you need a hard copy. Otherwise, you can view the newsletter on our webpage or from “C-notify”.
- The lunch menu will be sent home monthly.
- If you choose to walk your child into school in the morning, please say your farewells near the office doors. Starting Monday, August 19th, we will be asking you not to escort your child to their classrooms.
- All absences require a note from a parent sent to the teacher when the student returns to school (even if you call in to the attendance line). Please reference the Student Handbook.
- A note to the teacher is needed when there is a change in the student’s end of day transportation.
- No School Monday, September 1 (Labor Day)
- Student Pictures - Scheduled for Wednesday, September 10.
- Entertainment Book - Kick-off begins prior to Labor Day.
- PTO Meetings – Meetings are scheduled the first Thursday at 7:00 p.m. in the school cafeteria for the following months: September, November, December, February, April and May.
Click for the 2014-2015 Supply list
7:30 School Day Begins
7:50 Warning Bell
8:00 Classes Begin
3:10 First Dismissal from classrooms
3:30 Last Dismissal for buses
3:10 End of Teacher Day
Office closes at 4:00
Registration and Enrollment Information
Click below to review latest documents:
2014-2015 School Calendar
2015-2016 School Calendar
Bright Elementary School Staff assist parents with helping students form positive behavior patterns. During the school year we refer to these behavior patterns as character qualities. Character qualities are discussed in class and have been ongoing at BES since 1995 when Principal Utter initiated the program called “Skills for Growing”.
Character Quality Monthly Traits
August – Respect, Responsibility, Resourcefulness
September – The Golden Rule – “Treat others as you would want to be treated.”
October – Stop The Bullying
November – Standing for what’s right–Thankfulness, Honesty, Truth, Kindness, Helpfulness, etc..
December – Goal Setting – Plan to be Successful.
January – Priorities – What’s Really Important?
February – Friends – Random Acts of Kindness Month
March – Working Hard and Determination
April – Communicating with Others – Listen First, Talk Second.
May – Integrity – Doing the right thing when nobody’s watching.