Character EducationBright Elementary School Staff assist parents with helping students form positive behavior patterns. During the school year we refer to these behavior patterns as character qualities. Character qualities are discussed in class and have been ongoing at BES since 1995 when Principal Utter initiated the program called “Skills for Growing”.
Character Quality Monthly Traits
- August – Respect, Responsibility, Resourcefulness
- September – The Golden Rule – “Treat others as you would want to be treated.”
- October – Stop The Bullying
- November – Standing for what’s right–Thankfulness, Honesty, Truth, Kindness, Helpfulness, etc..
- December – Goal Setting – Plan to be Successful.
- January – Priorities – What’s Really Important?
- February – Friends – Random Acts of Kindness Month
- March – Working Hard and Determination
- April – Communicating with Others – Listen First, Talk Second.
- May – Integrity – Doing the right thing when nobody’s watching.